Saturday, November 27, 2010

Kitayama's fall foliage

The fall of Kyoto is more unlike Virginia's or Chicago's than I had anticipated before coming to Japan. The trees' leaves here emit a wider range of colors than the typical browns and oranges of Virginia. There are brighter yellows and reds, and as the reds, browns, and a little green, mix together, the effect is more powerful and breathtaking.

Here are some photos from around my neighborhood and my bike ride to work in the morning.

This is a favorite. This must be the most brightly colored tree, in red, that I've ever come across.









I also recently figured out the "color accent" setting on my camera, so I've been experimenting with leaving colors out and accentuating other colors to make the images more vivid.

A tree in the courtyard of Rakuhoku high school.

The same tree.



This one was taken looking out the front gate and archway of Rakuhoku, leaving all the colors muted save the bright yellow - the natural yellow, untampered - of the pair of trees that daily welcome me to school.

No comments:

Post a Comment