Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Stuff for Libby

Rice cooker. It's in perfect working condition. I will leave directions for how to use it. Basically, just put in rice, fill water 1-2 cm above rice level, plug it in, press button twice, and VOILA, 30 min later steamy rice. Works with brown and white rice.









Here is the microwave/oven/grill. Your fellow AETs will be amazed that you have a microwave that does double duty as an oven, too. Most people can't bake in their apartments, but you will be able to with this oven. And grilling fish is pretty popular in Japan, so you can grill fish with this as well, but I don't use this setting as I have a grill under my stove. You might as well.

The cart underneath is the kitchen cart. It's strong and sturdy wood. More pictures to come below, but it also serves as a holder for plates and bowls. You can see the white plates and some bowls I have underneath, along with some storage tupperware.

Clean and nice.

I have a metal/plastic shelf that I put on top of my microwave that you can have as well for free if you'd like. It was bought new in the past 5 months by my wife. The pictures of that is last on this post.

Inside has a little staining from when I bought it from my predecessor, but that's normal. It's not gross and there is no smell.

Clean and unscratched front.

More of the kitchen cart. In addition to wheels, it has a pretty ceramic tile inlay on the top of it that classes it up a bit.

Nice looking with no scratches. Set some wine and cheese out on it for a party and you are in business.



This the kotatsu/table. It's black sturdy plastic with a little wooden framing on the underside to hold the heater. The top is meant to be removable.



Hard surface and won't stain if you spill anything on it. Very easily to clean.

No scratches.

Here are the two heaters I have. This first one is the electric one. It's nice to put by your feet at night in the winter. It will save you money on electricity if you use it. I also have an AC/heater unit in my apartment, but my electricity bill skyrockets when I keep the heat on all the time. This is a cost efficient alternative for the lightly chilly nights. You can also set it to stay on for a few hours, then turn off, then turn back on. This is a setting to save power as well.





This is the halogen heater. I also love this one. It's a little more heavy duty, but will keep you seriously warm. It takes literally no time to heat up, so if you need heat fast after some time out, it's ready to go as soon as you are. It also rotates as a fan would or will stay still pointing in one direction if you'd like.



As you can see, they take up no space in my closet when I'm not using them. The little heater is in the box.

Kitchen stuff. This is a seriously useful pan. I make stir-frys in it. I make curry in it. Pasta sauce, etc. The list goes on. Heavy duty and in good condition.



Other cooking and baking supplies I'd like to leave you. Two little pans, 2 cake sheets, 2 bread pans (you can see I have some fresh pumpkin bread in one of them), 3 pots, a glass pie plate, a red pot w/ lid (down below), and a few more bowls. This is good, clean stuff you'll need for sure. Also I have cutlery and cooking tools to give you.





Unopened washing detergent.

Here is the iron. It's in fantastic condition and it appears to have been expensive when bought new.





Ironing board. Very short w/ short legs, but all you need. Just put it on a small table. No stains or tears on the surface.



This is how I have it in my bathroom. The iron and the board are sitting on the adjustable shelf (more below) over my toilet.

Here is the adjustable shelf. It should fit in your toilet area as it expands to fit various distances between walls. And Japanese bathrooms are never that wide anyway...



Kitchen shelf/rack referred to above. Was bought new not long ago - you can see it still has the paper on top that came on it when bought. I put it on top of the microwave to hold cereal, rice, canned goods, etc.



That's it! Hope you like it!

No comments:

Post a Comment